An Overview of the Chinese Language
Knowing how the Chinese language is different from English is the first step toward success in Mandarin Chinese! Once you have a basic understanding of these differences, then it becomes easy to focus on the essentials.
- This language focuses on ideas rather than individual words.
- Chinese characters are the way to express these ideas.
- Others will only be able to understand your Chinese when you use tones that are a lot like singing.
- Mandarin Chinese has four tones.
- Once tones are mastered, PinYin will be the best way to master Chinese sounds.
The Essentials of Learning Chinese
To become fluent in Mandarin, being able to speak the four tones is crucial! (If you can’t speak them, no one will know what you’re saying)! Once tones become like second nature, you’ll be ready to move on to the “alphabet” of the Chinese language–which is PinYin.
So, in review, focus on
(Click on the links above for more detailed information on these topics). Of course, if you’re ready to learn Chinese fast, then download my free study guide by clicking on the study guide to the right.
Good luck on your journey!